Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Movie Night


Kari & I went to see Made of Honor last night. First let me just sa that I love me some McDreamy. The reviews aren't so hot. Here's one of the bad ones. One reviewer went on to say, and I quote,
"Fans of Grey's Anatomy or dumb romcoms may enjoy Patrick Dempsey's Hollywood outing. Most won't."
Ok, first of all, I didn't know what a "romcom" is. I thought that I was being called a dumb romcom since I sort of enjoyed this film. So I looked it up in the dictionary. Nothing. Then I googled it. Finally found that it just means ROMantic-COMedy. Whew! I'm not a dumb one after all. But that other reviewer described it as "boundless stupidity", so I guess if I somewhat enjoyed it, I am considered somewhat mindless. But whatever. I did not find it that bad. Yeah, it's predictable. The storyline is somewhat old. And maybe what kept me entertained was the eye candy. Look at those eyes for crissake! I would give it a 3 out of 5 though.
What was the most offensive about the movie was the freakin' cost! I paid $20 for 2 tickets and $12 for popcorn and a drink we shared. Fortunately, I was performing a mystery shop so I will be reimbursed. Otherwise, I would have seen this in a couple of months when it comes out on DVD. Actually, I can't justify paying that much for ANY movie, no matter how good it is.

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

I hate movie reviews, usually they brag them up and I am disappointed.

Ad Sense unit