Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kids with Phones??

I have been asked on several occasions at what age would it be appropriate to get a child a cell phone. There is no right answer to this, as everyone's sitution is different. I, for one, did not get my girls phones until they were about 14 & 15. Now I have another point of view for a different situation. And it's not even my kid! The reason for this post is that as part of the Creative Days Of Summer Giveaways at 5 Minutes for Mom, they are giving away a cellphone & service from Kajeet.

Now for the reason that I would like to win this. I have mentioned my nephew and his egg donor in the past. The situation is not an ideal situation to say the least. Thing is, that there have been days that my brother can't find his own son because the egg donor has had her phone cut off. Priorities you know. Nightclubs, her Mercedes, wardrobe etc. Anyhoo, although he is only 9 years old, in this case, I think that having his own phone so that his dad can reach him, would be ideal. The best part about it is that my brother can choose who can call and who can be called. That way, the egg donor can't get a free phone for herself. Oh and the GPS wouldn't hurt either. He would only be using it to call his dad, my mom and of course, me! For now. As he gets older, he can add friends.

Although, there seems to be a ray of hope in the horizon. You see, she is claiming that my nephew, (who just happens to be the sweetest, most well behaved boy on the planet) is "acting up". I've know a few women who suddenly say that their child is out of control and that, is actually code for "he should live with his dad permenantly". It's about that time. Her oldest was 10 when she sent him to his dad. We can only hope.

As always, I went off on a tangent. If you would like to enter to win this prize, be sure to visit 5 Minutes for Mom!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for entering. Great reasons.

And Billy Joel on the minipod--even better.

*Tanyetta* said...

I am going to enter and if I win, I will be sure to send it to you! What's the deadline?

Melissa said...

I'm in the middle of a constant "can I have a phone?" barrage - from a six-year-old! But, I totally agree with your reasons for wanting this phone. Like you said, every situation is different.

Good luck!

Ad Sense unit