Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Friday, December 28, 2007

Egg Donor

I wasn't going to post about this because I was afraid that it would be read by someone that it shouldn't. But quite frankly, right now, I could care less.

I played Santa this year for the first time in many years. Yeah, my girls get presents. But we haven't actually had a believer in the house in a long time. My nephew stayed with us this Christmas because a) my brother had to work and b) because his mother had better things to do than to spend the holidys with her child! Let me stress that this woman has never spent a holiday with him. She has never taken him trick or treating. Never taken him on vacation. Oh, and the tooth fairy does not go to her house. He is simply a tax benefit to her.

My brother is a flight attendant and got stuck working from the 22nd - the 25th. He picked my nephew up when he arrived from a trip on the 19th. Then dropped him off at my house on the 21st. Why am I telling you this? Well, today is the 28th and his mother egg donor has yet to call him! Or call anyone to see if he's ok. Almost 10 freakin' days! The worst part is that he called her today to see if she was going to pick him up. She told him no. Because her car is not workin! Huh? My brother has to go back to work on Sunday. Guess who the child is spending New Years with? Yeah, my bother could easily drop him off at her house, but we worry that she will leave him home alone so that she can go out and party! He spends 95% of the year with either my brother, my mom or me. Yet she has primary custody because she is the mom, and I use that word loosely!

She has missed all the milestones in his life. She has been blessed with a beautiful & loving little boy and she takes him for granted. Yet there are many out there who yearn for what she has and can't have.

Ok, I'll step down from my soapbox now!

4 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Wow, that is SAD, SAD, SAD with a capital S!!! Well, at least your brother has you! Your nephew is lucky for that and a dad who loves him and values him. It is hard though because your nephew obviously misses his mother, of course.

You are doing the right thing though...at least he has family that loves him and can esteem him, even if his mother does not.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Sheila said...

My heart breaks for your nephew. He sounds like a such a sweet boy, and doesn't deserve how his mom is treating him. Very sad.

Damselfly said...

Wow! I couldn't possibly go that long without knowing how my kid is doing.

Anonymous said...

You know, there are some people who shouldn't procreate! I have three girls and I don't think I could go even ten minutes without hearing their voices.

I'm glad that your brother has you and other family members to help out.

May you be blessed!

Ad Sense unit