Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Last night, after over 60 hours after being admitted, we finally got some answers from the hospital. My diagnosis seems to be 100% spot on and I'm not even getting paid for my opinion. I dn't know if I mntioned what happened. My mom woke up and found my step-dad clammy & unresponsive. He uses a c-pap but it was off. She called 911, and performed CPR. Rescue arrived and transported to the hospital. He was concious and breathing upon arriving at the hospital, yet they still sedated and intubated. They suggested kidney failure, heart failure and stroke before actually doing any tests. I suspected apnea. After 2 1/2 days in ICU, they came to the conclusion that it was apnea. Which is nothing to be taken lightly.

While waitiing in the waiting room, I listen in overhear conversations between other family members. All of them were saying that their family member(patient) was sedated & intubated. Which leads me to believe that if you arrive at this hospital on a weekend, be prepared to be intubated until Monday, or die. Reminds me a little of that old 70"s movie, "Coma". Anyhoo, needless to say, I do not like this hospital.

Sleep Apnea is nothing to lay around with. Which is why I have been after Danny to get a sleep study done. Not only to avoid being kicked out because of his snoring, but for his health as well. Maybe this will be a wake up call.

No comments:

Ad Sense unit