Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tell me a story...

I have always loved to read. I remember being in 4th grade and being told that I was reading at a 12th grade level. I would go to the library at least once a week and walk out with a stack of books. Although I enjoy reading, I'm not the type that loves the feel and the smell of a book. So when I got my Nook, I was in heaven. I could load all my books into this one little thing. Taking my reading material on vacation will be a breeze. A great space saver at home and on the go.

I have heard about audio books for a long time now, but never found the urge to try them. To sit and listen to someone read the book for me, didn't appeal to me at all. I recently loaded my iPhone with a few audio books. I hadn't listened once. Until just the other day. I have found a new appreciation for this type of "book".

I get car sick when I read in a moving car. So I decided to try an audio book for the ride to Key West. I won't lie, it did take some getting used to. But once I got into the story, I started to enjoy it. Not getting car sick was a huge plus. I also was able to watch the scenery go by, keep an eye on D's driving, and spot shopping opportunities along the way. All while "reading" my book.

I'm not saying that this will replace my Nook, but it will definitely be an option under certain circumstances!

Do you enjoy audio books?


No comments:

Ad Sense unit