Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Throwback Thursday

The girls over at Pinks & Blues Girls have started posting Throwback Thursdays pictures. In their words, "to post old pictures that make us laugh, reminisce, and - let’s face it - recall some questionable fashion choices!"


I decided to post a couple this week because a) I came across a few pictures & b) Because they don't make me look that bad, yet I can still make fun of the others in the pic.


So without further ado...


Talk about throwback, this picture is circa 1970. This is me & my brother I was about 3 he was 2. Can my dress be any shorter??? For crissakes mom, what were you thinking?? You could probably see my ruffled undies from behind! And what about my brother? He looks like a little old man with his bow tie, matching socks & white shoes!!!


This second picture is only a year older. Around 1971. Looks like my skirt got a tad bit longer. I had those cool pom poms on the side of my socks. My poor brother still looks like a little old man, but he is rockin' those striped pants. And what about my mom? Don't you just love the psychadelic pant suit? I guess that the 70's had big hair too! That updo added about 5 inches to her vertically challenged body. That rusty swing set would tip over whenever we would swing too hard. We thought it was a riot and would jump off befor it fell!


Let me know if you post your Throwback pictures so that I can take a peek!

Oh, and while you are over at Pinks & Blues Girls, be sure to check out their new contests. They're giving away a Stroll-o-meter & a new pink Juicy Couture t-shirt. It sounds like a great prize for moms with little ones. I'll be sitting this one out, since I WON the last contest! (Insert evil laugh here)

Happy Thursday Everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm brave enough to post a throwback photo of me but I will enter that contest!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

These are SO GREAT, Lissete!! It's funny, I was definitely thinking, "Who wears short shorts!" when I saw that first picture!

You and your brother were so adorable! Love the '70's attire!! Thanks for joining in!

And thanks for the contest shout-out!!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Damselfly said...

Cute! I think short dresses were totally the thing for little girls. Do you remember Cindy Brady on the Brady Bunch? Short, short, short!

Anonymous said...

Lissete -
I loved your comment back to me... my husband said the same thing, should have given her Alex's day breakdown! Too funny. I was speechless.
I love the Throwback Thursday photos! Your dress is so CUTE in the first photo!! ANd your brother is so adorable with his arm around you!!
Hope you and your girls loved the package!!
-Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

JHS said...

Hehehehehehe . . . those are classic. I so have to get in on this. I have VOLUMES of photos I can post for the next 10 years . . . I can humiliate my entire family, not to mention myself.

Shall I start with my bad disco-era self next Thursday? It's so tempting . . .

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Those photos are priceless! Maybe you took your pants off in that one photo? LOL
Love those jeans your brother is wearing.

Ad Sense unit