Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Disney Social Media Moms Conference: Arrival

This past week has been an amazing ride! I just returned home at 2:00 AM this morning from Disney World. I attended the Disney Social Media Moms Conference thanks to an open invitation from 5 Minutes for Mom! I am still getting my thoughts together and I will post each day separately. For now, I will share our arrival. The beginning of the magic and a glimpse of what was yet to come. Just a glimpse,mind you, because I would never have even imagined how magical it could actually be!

I was looking forward to the conference since it would be a great learning experience and give me the opportunity to connect with other moms. On top of that, it was being held at Walt Disney World and I was also invited to bring along my family! To me, that is what it's all about! Those that know me, know that my family is my heart, my soul and my every single breath. More on that later. For now, I'll start with our arrival at Walt Disney World.

I drove to Orlando with my husband and younger daughter. My oldest had classes that she couldn't miss andn would not arrive until Friday. We were set up at Disney's Polynesian Resort. For those of you not familiar with Disney or their resorts, the Polynesian is one of Disney's first resorts. This is a Deluxe resort right on the Monorail line. This alone makes it a very desirable property for quick and easy access to The Magic Kingdom and to Epcot. I have mentioned before that I stayed at the Poly soon after they opened. I was 5, yet I remember quite a bit. In short, I will tell you that it is still magical. I have stayed in about 80% of the Disney hotels that are now available but I still hold the Polynesian very dear to my heart.

We arrived at the Polynesian at 2 PM on Wednesday, February 10th. We were greeted with a warm Aloha and a flower lei for each of us. Check in was a breeze and my building request was honored. The girl checking us in was "earning her ears" (in-training) and she was as nice as could be. Actually, all staff that I came in contact with were friendly and greeted me with a smile each time.

Once I was checked-in at the resort, I was directed the the Hospitality Suite to check in for the conference. There I received our credentials & itinerary for the next 3 days.I also received (4) 7 day park hoppers for me & my family, a bag of SWAG and the Media Fast Pass! Oh my, how am I ever going to be able to do Disney without this!

From there, I proceeded to my room in the Tokelau building! For this part, I will show you in photos.


Our standard Garden View room was large and comfortable. The room was clean and the Polynesian theme was consistent throughout. I just love this resort! Not only for the nostalgia but for the convenience of practically being in the Magic Kingdom.

Next up: Day 1 & What's in the future for Disney!

Although I did pay a greatly reduced rate for this event, all opinions are my own. I was not asked to write about the events or The Walt Disney Company.

1 comment:

tanyetta said...

Very Nice and so much fun!

Ad Sense unit