Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

OK Mother Nature, ENOUGH already!

Here I was finalizing my plans for our trip to Hawaii in October and I read about the earht quake off the coast of Japan then the next day, a larger earthquake in Chile. I just knew what was coming next. It doesn't take a rocket scientists. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Chile & those that may be afftected by Tsunamis.

All these disasters have me looking ahead to our own hurricane season which will be here in 3 short months. One of the few reasons that I stay in Miami, hurricanes and all, is the fact that we get advanced warning. I can not even immagine not being able to prepare.

I have a feeling that it will be a busy season and I am not looking forward to all the stress that it brings. If you've been around here for a while, you may already know that I have issues. Not only the possibility of a hurricane but the living in darknes part also drives me nuts.

Fortunately, Hawaii dodged the bullet this time. I have played around with the idea of buying a place in Maui. My plan is to rent it out as a vacation rental until we are ultimately able to retire there. With my so called issues, I wonder how I will handle living in a place that is susceptible to practically every natural disaster known to man?


No comments:

Ad Sense unit