Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Jet Lagged but Happy!

We're back! Just got off the red eye from LA and there is a reason why they call it the red eye! You should see ours!

Anyhoo, quick recap. Never say never! We arrived in LA @ 11PM on the 25th. As we are driving to our hotel we see a ton on homeless people sleeping on the sidewalk. We soon realize that they are not homeless, they are just lining up for The Price is Right. We check in to our hotel and I walk over with Danny to settle him in on the sidewalk. All I have to say is that these people are pros. They had tents, sleeping bags, chairs & comforters. We had a picnic blanket. I went back to the room to get some sleep but only for about an 1 1/2 hours. I felt bad for Danny, so I joined him in line. It was FREEZING! The guy next to me (Justin) was totally prepared. He had a bag of tricks loaded with helpful stuff including stuff to keep him warm. I rolled myself like a burrito in my blanket and lay there till 6AM when they started handing out numbers. We had #103 & 104, so 102 people were in line before 11PM. Long story short. We did not get called to come on down but Justin did and that was exciting. It was a VERY long day but it was an absolute BLAST! I am so glad that I was able to see it live before Bob retires. Now I can check that off my life list. Heck, I've been wanting to do this since I was 7!!!
The show airs on May 14th, you might see me or Danny making total jerks of ourselves! The pictures above are not very good, but you get the idea.


We also spent 3 days in San Diego and did all the touristy stuff there (the Zoo, Balboa Park, La Jolla, Coronado Is. Then back to LA, where we went to the Comedy & Magic Club which was really fun and Jay Leno was headlining.
And of course, it wouldn't be a visit to the West Coast if I didn't sneak in at least 2 visits to In-n-Out! Yum!!







We had a really nice time. Froze to death most of the time and by yesterday morning, I was feeling it. Loaded up on Comtrex & Riccolaaaaa! Hope it helps.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you got back OK - and I love those name tags! You've got to find a way to use them in a layout!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that you got to see the show in person. It must have been a blast!

Kailani
An Island Life

Ad Sense unit