Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

I can't believe that it has been 6 years. Seems like only yesterday. Strange how I sometimes do not remember what happened two days ago but I clearly remember what I was doing on 9/11/2001.

I had just gotten home from dropping the girls off at school. I turned on one of the morning news shows while I got ready to go on a daily Target run. There was breaking news reporting that it appeared that a plane had hit the WTC. At first, I figured that it was a small cessna type plane but then they said that it was a commercial aircraft. I called Danny at work and I was already freaking out. First of all, my brother is a flight attendant for American. Second, in my mind, there was no way that this was accident. How could a huge passenger plane be flying low enough to hit a building, head on, so far away from an airport? Not falling from the sky. Then, as I was on the phone with my eyes glued to the TV, I see the second plane it. The first words out of my mouth were "Oh. my God!!!" I actually yelled and Danny was on the road so he was not watching TV. So he was trying to figure out my hysterics.

I decided to go pick up the girls from school. Every other parent must have had the same thought. We all wanted our kids with us at that moment.

It was two days later when we finally heard from my brother. He was safe. Unfortunately, we also heard that a friend of ours who worked at the WTC was missing. Unfortunately, he lost his life that day. May God bless Pete & all those who perished.

Always Remember.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Glad your brother was safe; but I'm so sorry about your friend. So sad.

Ad Sense unit