Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Friday, September 14, 2007

Sad Day



Yes, that's my brand new car. I was at Home Depot, I never go to Home Depot, because I HATE Home Depot. Anyhoo, I decided to stop in since I was in the area and Danny had been looking for something, so I figured that I would go check at HD. So I go in and grab what I was looking for, but then I got distracted by the kitchen displays and then the orchids outside caught my attention. So, I was in there for about 1/2 hour or so. I go out to the parking lot and walk to my car. Oh, that's not my car. Sure looks like it. But mine is brand new. I click my keychain, and THAT car honks & lights blink. OMG! It's my freakin' car! Someone hit my car in the parking lot. Quite hard. It looks worse in person. I remember, when I was a kid, that my mom once hit a car in a parking lot just a slight dent, yet she waited there for about an hour till the owner came out. She also once drove over 30 miles to return a purse that she found in a public restroom. She was offered some $$, but she did not accept. God knows that she really needed it, as my dad had just passed away recently and she was alone with the 3 of us. But that's just the type of person that she is. And I am happy to have learned from her example. Problem is, I expect others t be the same. Wrong!

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but like I've mentioned before, I just type what I'm thinking! Back to what I was saying, I had to call the police to get a police report in case I had to go through my insurance.

While sitting there waiting, I hear units racing by with lights & sirens. I mean lots of units. I even hear alot more in the distance. I call Danny and they had just received a call for officers down. A man had just shot at 4 police officers with an AK47. One of the officers unfortunately lost his life.

My trivial whining about my damage suddenly became more stupid to me. Yes, I am still mad that people destroy my property and just walk away. But this criminal just took another man's life and walked away. HUGE difference. My car will get fixed. The officer's family's hearts will never be fixed. My thoughts & prayers go out to his family.

1 comment:

Damselfly said...

Yes, that story about the man shooting the officers was quite something. There seems to have been a lot of officers shot and killed in our area lately.

I hope you can get your car fixed so it looks good as new!

Ad Sense unit