Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Cake!

I went to my 2nd cake decorating class yesterday. I had to haul all my crap plus a frosted cake. I am known as Queen of Desserts around here, but I don't know how to decorate cakes. Maybe that's why I usually stick to cupcakes and use my decorating gun. Back to the class, the instructor is an older lady that likes to scold the class as if we were in kindergarten. I just go with the flow. But when she wants everyones attention she yells "HElloooo!" And that just drives me batty! I stopped counting how many times she said that after I hit 20.

Anyhoo, she told us that we don't want crumbs when icing the the cake. My cake was full of crumbs, but I fixed it up a bit. For being my very first time it didn't come out that bad. I like my buttercream recipe way better, but for the class I make the Wilton recipe, not as tasty but the right texture. She did get mad at me for not finishing in class. But I just work way better on my own, and in my own space.

Kari took the cake to work to give to the kids. From what I hear, they'll eat anything. At least the cake is not going to waste. Or to my waist!

I need to work on my writing and on how to center correctly. Next class she will try to teach us how to make a rose! That should be interesting. Plus we will make a clown cake. I am not very fond of clowns, but again, it will go to the kids.

All in all the class, so far, is ok. I think that I do better at home or with a smaller class, but for the price, I can't complain. It only cost $17 but everything else is expensive. Fortunately, I already had most of the stuff, since I'm a stuff collector after all!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks great!I would never have known it was your 2nd class! You should definitely take the other classes, at least class 3. It was so much fun working with fondant!

Anonymous said...

That cake looks awesome!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

That looks really good. I have seen a lot of people taking classes lately on "fondant" - not sure how to do it, but it looks really fun!

Melissa said...

I've always wanted to take a decorating class (we have one often here at our local community college) but I'm afraid I'd gain too much weight from the finished product!

Ad Sense unit