Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Your Shape & Jell-O Mousse Temptations

As I posted before, my non-resolution resolution is to try to lose some weight and get in shape. I was fortunate enough to be chosen by House Party.com to host a Your Shape & Jell-O Mousse Temptations party. My party was supposed to be on Saturday the 9th, but due to the frigid weather here in sunny & warm S.Florida, I postponed it till the 14th. Only 11 ladies were able to make it, but we had a blast!

Your Shape



Let me start with the Your Shape for Wii by Ubisoft with Jenny McCartney. A tiny webcam is included with the Your Shape disc. I like that I don’t need to use the Wii Remote or Nunchuk. You work out on your own and let the USB camera track your movements. It's really easy to set up. The camera comes with a base that allows it to easily be attached to the top of a TV, or to your Wii sensor bar. You do need quite a bit of room to use it, because the camera needs to be able to see your entire body to properly track your movements. We got the basics down & the exercises are fairly simple (so far). I’m not too thrilled about watching myself on the TV but not having to use a controller is a huge plus.

Of course, the game is not without a few, shall I say, inconveniences. I have french doors that face my TV in the family room, I have to close the curtains in order see my awesome self on the TV. You’re supposed to avoid having direct light hitting the camera but the room is supposed to be well lit and avoid shadows. My image on the TV is just like most webcams that I have used. Somewhat dark, and a slight delay is the norm. Nothing like the picture below. Which brings me to the actual tracking of my movements. Although, I believe that my movements are correct, Miss Jenny keeps telling me otherwise. I totally blame this on the webcam delay. It can also be that I don’t have the recommended space for the webcam to track correctly. They recommend 10 feet from the TV which, for me, means rearranging furniture before and after the workout. Or it can also be that I am only 5 ft tall. Maybe the webcam can’t properly track the movement of my short arms and legs.

I like the calendar that sets up my workout schedule for the month and I can adjust it as needed. Most exercises are standard aerobics moves like steps, lunges, jumping jacks, squats, etc, along with walking, marching, running, and swimming motions. You can also use your own exercise equipment to kick to up a notch since the game supports the use of items like an exercise ball, hand weights or a step. When you choose your workout, you can set the length of time for your exercise and what part of your body you want to focus on. You will have a choice between one to three styles: Burn, Strength Training, and Toning. Next, there is a list of exercise equipment that you may want to use. If you choose one, the game will incorporate exercises using the equipment chosen. You don’t have to use any extra equipment if you don’t want to.

I was able to unlock an extra challenge by following Your Shape on Facebook & @yourshape on Twitter.

We did sweat. The jury is still out among my friends though. I will have to use the Your Shape some more before rendering a definite opinion. All in all, like any other exercise routine, it requires commitment. As long as you do the exercises, you will benefit. I ignore the score and just work out.

Right now the Your Shape is priced at $49.99 on Amazon.com. I have $10 coupons left over if you are interested, just let me know. It’s only good towards the purchase of Your Shape at Amazon.com.





Just Dance

My House Party box also included a Just Dance game for Wii. This was a blast! You do have to hold the remote for this one, but you are dancing. That alone, is a workout! You can play single or multi player. There is a choice of 30 songs ranging from Elvis to the B-52’s to Katie Perry. I found it to be a fun party game. That being said, I don’t think that I would pay retail for this game. Plus it definitely isn’t for real gamers. But, it is a lot of fun. Especially for making a fool of yourself in front of your friends!






Jell-O Mousse Temptations


The Jell-O Mousse Temptations come in single serve cups, just like the pudding.

They come in 3 flavors:
Caramel Crème Mousse
Calories: 60; Total Fat: 3g; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 1g; Fiber: 0g
Chocolate Indulgence Mousse
Calories: 60; Total Fat: 3g; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 2g; Fiber: Less than 1g
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Calories: 60; Total Fat: 2.5g; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 2g; Fiber: 1g

I personally loved the taste. I had some texture issues, as did several of my friends, but nothing that I can’t overlook for a chocolaty treat at just 60 calories each.

Maybe I will meet my goals this year after all!


**I received the You Shape for Wii by Ubisoft, Just Dance by Ubisoft, and coupons for Jell-O Mousse Temptations for free from HouseParty.com**


No comments:

Ad Sense unit