Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Friday, December 14, 2007

Let the baking begin!

It's time for Bakingpalooza here in my house. The actual baking wll not get done till Wednesday of next week. But the headache preparing starts today. First stop, the grocery store then another stop at the baking supply store because my grocery store sucks! Then over the weekend I start making a huge mess in my kitchen and get all my cookie doughs ready & in the fridge. I also make about 5 gallons of egg nog. Actually it's the cuban version of egg nog, with a french name (creme de vie) & gazillion calories. Then I will make about 1000 french meringues, just because I need something to do with all the left over egg whites.

Finally, on Wednesday, I will get everything baked, wrapped & distributed on Thursday! Oh, I also have to try everything to make sure tht they are not poisoned. :) And when I finally get my kitchen back in order, it's time to start all over again because we are having people over on Christmas day! Here is a picture of 1/2 of last years Bakingpalooza, click on it to zoom.

3 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

wow! I can't wait til you bring the goodies to my house! haha

You have a lot more ambition than me. I baked one batch of cookies so far, we ate most of them :o) and mailed the rest to my oldest at college.

Rick said...

My wife is in the other room wrapping gifts, then the baking will begin. I always look forward to our Christmas Eve munch out. It's the best.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Kim -today's creative blog said...

eat a couple of cookies for me too and we'd like the recipe to your egg nog!

Ad Sense unit