Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Never again!


That is what I say every year after BakingPalooza! My body hurts, my feet are swollen and my love of sweets is forever gone. I spent the ENTIRE freakin' day in the kitchen! Six different types of cookies, brownies, rum cakes, merengues, & Chocolate Pretzels. PLUS 4 batches of Creme de Vie. The recipe is below. this is not your typical egg nog! The calories are quadrupled I'm sure! Then I pour into these little frapp bottles (which look waaaay cuter in peron) to include with the treat plates. All this in an effort to make my friends fatties like me!

Creme de Vie

1 can condensed milk

1 can evaporated milk

6 egg yolks

2 cups sugar

1 cup water

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup rum

I make a simple syrup with the water and sugar but I add a cinnamon stick and lemon rind as well. Beat the yolks till creamy and then add the condensed milk. Then add the evaporated milk little by little. Once the syrup is cool add to the egg & milk mixture. Add vanilla & rum.

Keep in fridge. Serve in tiny cordial glasses A little goes a long way!

You can always add mmore rum if you like. I just don't like an over powering rum taste.

1 comment:

Jody said...

I felt the same way after my marathon baking session on Sunday! My feet hurt so bad!

Ad Sense unit