Well technically, I actually grew up in the 70's but I was a teen for most of the 80's. I fortunately (& honestly) can say that aside from the Big Hair, I must have missed the real 80's fad wise. I have highlighted what pertains to me.
You Know You Grew Up In the 80's if:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do theCarlton
3. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
4. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
5. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. (In the 70's too!)
7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class atschool.
8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in aknot on the side.
9. You played the game "MASH"(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House) (70's again)
10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
11. You know the profound meaning of " WAX ON , WAX OFF"
12. You wanted to be a Goonie.
13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe) (Thank goodness, NO!)
14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose felloff and his cheeks shifted.
15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
16. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pailkids in theschoolyard.
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
18. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because youexchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
20.You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish.
21. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. ( Yes, I was part of the sweaty feet & weird foot tan club!)
22. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are,but what am I?" (Funny story about this though. As a joke a couple of friends told us that this movie was really good. We were 17 at the time. So a friend and I went to see what all the fuss was about. We sat there just looking at ech other in disbelief and waiting for it to eventually get better. It didn't. We walked out 1/2 way through.)
23. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
24. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. (I could even skate backwards on my 4 wheels)
25. You have ever played with a Skip-It. ( Mine was called a Lemon Twist)
26. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulderlike you were all that.
27. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't evenflinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"
31. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved ByThe Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
33. You just sang those words to yourself. :)
34. You still sing "We are the World"
35. You tight rolled your jeans.
36. You owned a banana clip.
37. You remember "Wher e's the Beef?"
38. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
39. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
PASS THIS ON TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS WHO GREW UP IN THE 80s or Early 90s!!!
OK, so I guess that I do remember quite a bit. .... and you're to blame. Darling, you give love a bad name!