Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

On a more serious note...

I don't even know how to start this post. It simply amazes me how much money the government spends on crap, yet does not realize how important other things are. I try not to talk politics on my blog. Most people who know me personally know where I stand. And some of my very close friends & even family have different opinions than me when it comes to politics. That doesn't change my opinion of them in the least. And I hope the same goes for how they feel about me. Although this is not really a political post per se.

I am writng this, not because I have a personal stake in it. Because I have been truly blessed that my girls have never had to deal with this monster. As a parent, I am blessed to not have had to face this horror. I did lose my baby to SIDS and my heart has been missing a big chunk since. I never had to watch my child go through a gazillion procedures, have her attached to ports and lines and all the other crap that people go through to treat this monster called cancer.

The reason that I am writing this is to bring your attention to the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act.
The Caroline Pryce Walker Conquer Childhood Cancer Act passed in the House of Representatives with a 416-0 vote margin. The bill authorizes $30 million annually over five years, providing funding for collaborative pediatric cancer clinical trials research, to create a population-based national childhood cancer database, and to further improve public awareness and communication regarding available treatments and research for children with cancer and their families.

The Conquer Childhood Cancer Act, S911 is making progress toward passage in the Senate. The bill has more then 60 Senators signed on as co sponsors. This support comes from Democrats and Republicans in all fifty states. The companion bill, HR1553 has already passed in the House of Representatives! This historic legislation will provide critically needed funding to support childhood cancer research. We need the help of elected officials to make funding for childhood cancer research.

It makes me sad that there are no CoSponsors from my state. So I am shooting off letters to those elected officials. Here is a list of all Non CoSponsonsors. If your elected official is on this list, please consider emailing them.

Here are some videos that Mimi, Julian's Mommy, put together for her husband to take to Washington, DC for the "REACH THE DAY – Conquer Childhood Cancer” Event.

They are asking for $150 Million over the course of 5 years. Do you know how much has been spent on this war that we have been in for the past 5 years? Do you realize how much money is given to liars that I have personally stood behind of at the grocery store. You know the ones. The ones that receive food stamps, medicare, wic, etc., then jump into their top of the line Mercedes Benz and drive to their spa appointment. And I'll go off on a tangent here and comment on the fact that my grandfather, while he was alive, at the age of 80, received a grand total of $25 to survive on each MONTH. We need to care for our kids & our elderly. Not the scam artist.
Ok back to the issue at hand. Here are the videos:


Angels:


Still, these photos only represent the tip of the iceberg of the trauma & disturbing effects of the current cancer treatments inflicted upon so many children themselves (not to mention the parents, siblings, & others), without other viable life-saving options… And, these represent only a few of their many deaths: THREE THOUSAND EACH YEAR! Since the majority of these things take place beyond the eyes of the public, most of us are able to go about our lives blissfully unaware.

Still Fighting









1 comment:

Susie2shoes said...

Hi Lissete

I came upon your lovely blog via Vicki's blog A Work in Progress. I have many things in common with you on all aspect and thoroughly enjoyed reading through your blog. I read you posting 'On a more serious note...' and was touched by your strength. It does seem that our governments spend money on all the wrong things, why is that? It certainly beats me!

I'm also trying to get my head around Photoshop CS3, I'm finding it really difficult... perhaps it's my age. How the devil do you use action and what are they? I've used Paintshop pro for many years and can do loads with it, but I don't feel as if I'm part of the gang, so to speak, not being able to use the blessed program.

If you have a spare moment, pop by and have a nose around my blog life, you are more than welcome.

Hugs and lots of sunshine
Susie
:)

Ad Sense unit