Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Sunday, September 07, 2008

So far so good...

The last couple of days have been amzingly beautiful. It's supposed to change soon but thankfully, it looks like we may be in the clear. Our shutters are up and all our patio furniture is inside. Just.in.case.

I've been watching the advisories very closely and I was ready to bolt faster than you could say Ike if we were getting it directly. The mandatory OT notice was sent out to Danny and I started trying to figure out where to escape to. Fortunately, it looks like I can just stay put. Unless, it erratcally changes, then I'll probably be stuck here anyway since it would be too late to leave.
Of course we are prepared. We have all our supplies, our water, our cars are fueld up, we have fuel for the generator, etc. Practically everything that we need to make do after a storm. I jut don't want to be here during it. Period. I'm a wimp and I admit it.

3 comments:

Damselfly said...

We put up our shutters too (OK, my husband did it by himself), but we dodged another bullet this season! Great breezes we're having, though.

Anonymous said...

It's so scary to have to prepare for the unknown! Hope your family is safe and sound.

doodlebugmom said...

Good to hear Ike will be missing you!

Ad Sense unit