Monday, September 29, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
What? No option for I never heard of this??
The Very Great Taste Omnivore’s Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
7. Cheese fondue LOVE it! We love going to the Melting Pot.
13. PB&J sandwich - I don't like pb but I do like pb cookies.
15. Hot dog from a street cart When in NYC...
16. Epoisses- I don't like stinky cheese, but who knows
17. Black truffle- I have had white truffles & w.t oil does that count?
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes we have local winery about 30 minutes away. They make wine from Mango, Passionfruit, Guava and some other fruits. The Passionfruit is not bad but I don't drink much.
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream I love pistachio ice cream & watergate salad made with pistachio pudding... but i don't eat pistachios.
21. Heirloom tomatoes- I have probably had them but I'm not sure.
22. Fresh wild berries
24. Rice and beans Um, yeah, my family is Cuban.
27. Dulce de leche I can take it or leave it
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float- I don't care much for R.B.
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more I had a sip of Johnny Walker Blue label just to see what all the fuss was about. Tasted just as crappy as the regular stuff to me. Obviously, I am not a drinker.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut LOVE them!
51. Prickly pear_ I tried prickly pear candy though
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - Although, I don't like salad on my burger... I take out the lettuce.
59. Poutine- I'm on the fence on this one. Almost tried it in Canada. Love cheese fries but...
60. Carob chips They're all right
63. Kaolin- What is this?
65. Durian- I saw this on the Food Network once and it sounds yummy but if it stinks, I would probably pass.
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake All of them! Yum!
69. Fried plantain I have also had fried bananas with cinnamon & sugar.
73. Louche absinthe-probably not
74. Gjetost, or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie- probably have had this at one time
80. Bellini- if it's the cocktail, yes, I have tried it.
81. Tom - a turkey? if so, yes.
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
88. Flowers not even the ones made out of frosting.
90. Criollo chocolate There's a shop nerby that sells cocolate made from the criollo plant. Honestly, I can't tell the difference.
93. Rose harissa
96. Bagel and
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee- I'm not a coffee drinker
I learned that if have to Google it, I probably wont eat it!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I have mentioned that I have been following the story of this one little boy for a little over a year now. They will be headed back to the RMH in NYC in a couple of weeks for another MRI and his omaya reservoir placement (this is a port that will be placed in his head). Coleman's journey began Sept. 21, 2006. He and his twin brother were 2 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosed with MEDULLOBLASTOMA. He is one of thousands diagnosed each year.
I am posting not only to raise awareness for Childhood Cancer but to ask for a favor. I would like to get a postcard sent to Coleman from all 50 states and even outside the US if possible.
If you would like to send a postcard to Coleman, email me and I will provide the address. I just ask that you address it to both boys, so his brother does not feel left out. They are only 4 after all. Here is a video that his mom posted a while back.
If you would like to help this cause please visit my Walk Pageat CureSearch.org. If you are unable to now, but wish to contribute in the future, you can go directly to CureSearch. Every little bit helps. They, and St.Jude's actually get the bulk of my annual donations.
If you have read this far, THANK YOU! And please let me know if you would like to send a postcard to Coleman.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tip Junkie is hosting Talk to Me Tuesday. I am supposed to post my Top 10 Favorite Things in my Home, and pictures mandatory. It's supposed to be about home decor but most of my favorite things have nothing to do with decor. As you will see, most of my house is very traditional in style right now. I am going in a totally different direction once we move into our beach house. What beach house? you ask. Well, the one that we will be buying
soon when we win the lottery! So, in no particular oorder, here are my top 10 favorite things in my home.
My craft room. Nice thing about this room is that my red couch folds out into a bed. So when D's snoring gets to be too much, he gets kicked out to this room. Eventually, he'll agree to a C-pap. I'm not going to be the one that leaves my comfy bed!
Which brings me to ...Our comfy bed. I LOVE my bed. Super comfy,no springs, adjustable (up & down). Split mattress, so he can jump around all he wants and not disturb me. The noise is a diffrent story though. Ignore the window behind the headboard. I haven't decided how I want to cover it. I did want to close it completly, concrete or drywall whatever, but stupid building codes and all won't allow it. If there was a category for what I HATE, that would probably be #1!This is a two part picture. First is the TV in my room. I can watch my shows without anyone switching channels every two minutes. The remote is MINE! Plus I don't have to sit through football. The other thing is my DVR. I do not know what I ever did without it! Actcually there is a third part as well, McDreamy!
My mixer. Oh, how I love this heavy as heck time saver!
My curio with my egg collection. I have been collecting eggs for about 15 years now.
My upstairs curio with my little collections, which are not quite big enough... yet. Tiny boxes, decorative boxes, & perfume bottles. I also have one 19th c. Moser Chabochon dresser jar that I found at an estate sale for $40 and have seen similar ones go for over $400 SCORE!
My WiiFit. It calls me fat & body builder all in one day!
I actually got these from an antique store. I LOVE these Jacobean pieces. They weigh a ton. Ilove the carvings and the detail. Roomba! Let her go when we go to bed, wake up to clean floors!
OK, this is 11. But I can't live without this when everyone in the house is freezing and I'm still HOT!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Place I’d Like To Travel
All my craft crap
Since I firmly believe that
The one nickname that I have always gone by is
I had a choice between this picture and one of a 6 legged calf in Germany named Lissy.
I have also been called
And many moons ago, I was also called this for a while
No, I was never blue!
Place You Were Born
Coral Gables, FL
This is Venetian Pool. The coldest pool EVER!
Let me know if you play along!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
So tell me, is this happening just in Florida?
Friday, September 12, 2008
By joining my team, you will be helping to find a cure for childhood cancer - Follow this link to donate now -Lissete's Page
Every $10 donation counts and, I truly appreciate your support!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Sunday, September 07, 2008
I've been watching the advisories very closely and I was ready to bolt faster than you could say Ike if we were getting it directly. The mandatory OT notice was sent out to Danny and I started trying to figure out where to escape to. Fortunately, it looks like I can just stay put. Unless, it erratcally changes, then I'll probably be stuck here anyway since it would be too late to leave.
Of course we are prepared. We have all our supplies, our water, our cars are fueld up, we have fuel for the generator, etc. Practically everything that we need to make do after a storm. I jut don't want to be here during it. Period. I'm a wimp and I admit it.