Just for You... Reviews by Lissete

Photobucket

Pages

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

California Here We Come... Again!

We couldn't pass up this deal. Spirit was having another $9 sale plus we had a $40 voucher so in the end we didn't pay a penny plus they issued us a seperate $6 voucher! I don't know how that happened. All I know is that we both are flyin for FREE! I LOVE that word! We are going for 5 days on April 25th. One of our last minute things. Already booked a car just need to find a place to stay. We also want to try to go see The Price Is Right before BB retires and maybe get into a (smaller) taping of Ellen. One of the highlights of our West Coast trips is the availability of In-n-Out burgers! Yum. I am very easy to please. Cheap date, dontch think?

In other news, I finally booked our air for Hawaii in September. We are flying Hawaiian from LA. Was very happy to hear last night that they have the best record of on time & baggage handling.


For a person who did not get on a plane until well into my 30's, (Actually, I first got on a plane for my 39th birthday! ) I have already taken 8 flights since 10/2005 and 2 were on commuter planes! It still takes an Ativan & a Benadryl plus my noise cancelling earphones. But at least I'll see the places that I want to see before I die. I have seen Vegas, The Grand Canyon, Sedona, NYC, Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada, San Fran and spots in between to LA including Yosemite. Hawaii, God willing, in Sept. is on the top of my list, as is Europe. The latter will have to wait though, because I am not quite ready for transatlantic. Hawaii would have been long but we fly to LA for a few days first since I'm such a wimp!


So are any of you wimpy flyers like me? What do you do to relieve the fear & anxiety?

2 comments:

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I breath!

That is an amazing flight price!!! Dang!

Anonymous said...

I used to be afraid to fly. Look at me now! LOL!

Ad Sense unit